Thursday, October 18, 2007

WHY I TRY NOT TO DUEL

First of all, my apologies to those who have been reading this blog, I will try and put entries more often than I have been.

I have given up dueling when I reached a certain level, I think it was 32 (I'm Level 63 as of this writing). Dueling is the safer alernative to Player Killing, and everyone from Level 1 can duel with other characters in Perfect World.

I decided to give it up because I always ended up either apologizing to those I beat or being insulted by those who beat me. Surprisingly when I made my announcement in the Clan Chatroom, I think I said "AMP ayoko na! Hindi na ako magdu-duel!"(Dammit! I quit! I'm never going to duel again!) the Clan Master also piped up: Ako din, ayoko na. (Me too.) We were surprised, and he proceeded to explain that he found it bad for his morale. He hit the nail on the head so to speak.

Since then I duel for only two reasons: friendly practice with friends, or beating up bullies. With friends, its a laugh-out affair, not unlike horse play. With bullies, its a pleasure.

There was this incident when I was in Near-Water Town and I was minding my own business, checking my bank. I noticed a loudmouth Yao Shou who kept dueling with everyone in the area. He was beating everybody as he was obviously higher level than those who were in the town on their regular quest rounds. I was there for a DSQ. I wanted to kick this guy's butt for blatantly rubbing everyone's face in it.

Knowing bullies as well as I do, I knew it was only a matter of time before he tried me. I was in tiger form so he couldn't really see my armaments unless he checked it before starting the duel. He didn't. I accepted with glee and as the count began I transformed in front of him. He got to say "Uh-oh" before I ripped into him. I drew it out when I saw he wasn't really making a dent. When I eventually humiliated him enough, I ended the duel with a flourish.

He immediately went into a tirade about me cheating, pretending; obviously trying to save face. There was a smattering of insults and approval from the crowds. All I said was, "Nice Game." He stormed off and teleported out of town.

I may not duel anymore, but that doesn't mean I won't battle.

2 comments:

  1. Lol my friend asked ME a lvl 5 venomancer to do help him with his quest.Then I eventually got in a fight with a lvl 7 tideborn. I thought those guys were weak so I accepted BUT I got beat up. I still fought though.but my friend just ran away

    ReplyDelete

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com